The 519 calls for proposals from community-based arts educators
The 519 is looking for community-based arts educators to facilitate several different activities with queer, trans, and gender independent kids and the kids of queer and trans families. The goal is to offer a variety of arts-based programming for young people between the ages of 6-15 in a safe and affirming environment that is free and accessible to the community. We anticipate that most activities will take place on weekends.
If you are an artist or an arts educator who has a workshop idea (visual arts, drama, dance, music or anything else you have dreamed up), please submit a proposal (maximum 2 pages) that includes the following information:
- A description of the proposed workshop idea (including the medium you will be working in, what you expect participants to learn and accomplish, and how your workshop will approach the principles inclusiveness and accessibility).
- A short description of your experience as an artist/educator as well as your experience working within a queer/trans context. (Please include a copy of your CV/resume in addition to your two page proposal).
- The proposed age range for your workshop/activity.
- The proposed timing for your workshop/activity including duration of each class, preferred day of the week, and the number of weeks. (Note that we are open to proposals that are offered as one-time events or a series of events that occur once a week over the course of several weeks up to a maximum of 12 weeks).
- A budget including a breakdown of the facilitation fees and program supplies.
Please submit your proposal, along with any supporting documents, via email to BMcFarlane@The519.org, no later than December 28, 2015.
We thank everyone for their interest in this opportunity, but only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.