Green Space Festival Announces Full Lineup for 2016 Toronto Pride Weekend
Kim Chi from RuPaul’s Drag Race among the headliners
TORONTO, ON, MAY 6, 2016 | In what promises to be one of the best years yet, The 519 announces the full line-up for Green Space Festival, the legendary four-day fundraising celebration that will entertain tens of thousands during the final weekend of Toronto’s pride festivities from June 30 to July 3, 2016.
Green Space Festival Line-up
- Thursday June 30; Barbara Hall Park; doors open at 5:00 pm (co-presented with Pride Toronto)
- Special appearance by Kim Chi, breakout star of RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 8; live music by Kim Richardson and Band; DJ set by Adora (Miami); performances by many of Toronto and Montreal's most fabulous drag queens
- Friday July 1; Barbara Hall Park; Doors Open at 5:00 pm
- DJ sets by David Morales (NYC), Hector Romero (NYC), Deko-Ze (Toronto) and Jerome Robins (Toronto).
- Saturday July 2; Barbara Hall Park; doors open at 1:00 pm
- DJ sets by Sandra Collins (Los Angeles), Alyson Calagna (Miami), Viviana Toscanini (NYC) and Ticky Ty (Toronto)
- Sunday July 3; Barbara Hall Park; doors open at 1:00 pm
- DJ sets by Honey Soundsystem (San Francisco), A Digital Needle (Toronto), Phil V (Toronto), Diego Armand (Toronto) and Kris Steeves (Toronto); Performance by Thorgy Thor (NYC)
- Sunday July 3; Ryerson University Quad; doors open at 1:00 pm (co-presented by Pride Toronto)
- DJ sets by Isaac Escalante (Mexico), Alain Jackinsky (Montreal), Yinon Yahel (Tel Aviv) and Sexshooters (London).
- Early bird tickets for $20 on sale now greenspaceto.org/treehouse
“Already one of the most highly anticipated celebrations of the year, Green Space Festival 2016 will live up to its reputation for offering the best in music, the most fabulous of performances and leave festivalgoers with memories that will last a lifetime. All proceeds from Green Space Festival will help fund The 519’s year-round programs and services, all the more reason to come, have fun and be proud.” – Jacob Porpossian, Chair of The 519 Board of Management and Chair of Green Space Festival.
“TD is very proud to return as the Official Presenting Sponsor of Green Space Festival 2016. We are delighted to continue our long-standing tradition of support for The 519 and the communities it serves. The 519 is such an important part of LGBTQ life in our City and the Green Space Festival is a great way for all of us to support it.” - Scott Mullin, Vice President, Government and Community Relations, TD Bank Group.
The 519 would like to thank its 2016 Green Space Festival sponsors
Official Presenting Sponsor | TD Bank Group
Gold Sponsors | Molson Canadian, Heineken, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Fire, Delta Airlines.
Silver Sponsors | OLG, NATIONAL Public Relations, FleishmanHillard, Eska and AXE.
Bronze Sponsors | Loblaws, Intercontinental Toronto Yorkville, Downtown Subaru, PepsiCo, DGS Events & Catering, Rockstar, Pelee Island Winery.
Media | IN Magazine, OUTtv, NOW Magazine.
Green Space Festival is made possible by the amazing contributions of hundreds of volunteers. Sign up as Green Space Festival volunteer: www.greenspaceto.org/volunteer
About The 519
Canada’s largest LGBTQ centre, The 519 is committed to the health, happiness and full participation of our communities. A City of Toronto agency with an innovative model of Service, Space and Leadership, we strive to make a real difference in people’s lives, while contributing to the advancement of LGBTQ equality and inclusion in Toronto and beyond. Aside from operating our own unique programs and services – including dedicated programs for LGBTQ newcomers and refugees, queer parents, LGBTQ seniors and trans members as well as services provided by an extensive education and training department – The 519’s 24,000 net square feet facility provides valuable meeting space to over 150 community groups. The 519 is a registered charity.